Tuesday, January 01, 2013

The Hopeless Blogger

      I started blogging on January 29th, 2009. It was the fulfillment of my New Year's resolution. I had promised to do something about my writing career which seemed to be floundering even before it had taken off. So I figured that blogging would help me get over myself. Every time, I opened my laptop I would become paralyzed by fear. A fear that perhaps I was not really a good writer leave alone a great one. What if I started writing and nobody would want to read my stuff not even me? I had spent about a year and a half doing term papers online and I knew it was time to move on. It was time to simply get out there, start writing and hope that the newspapers, magazines and netizens will love me and I will have a billion adoring readers worldwide. And so after only 29 days of procrastination, I put up my first post. Reading it now, makes me cringe  (you can check it out at http://www.anujamouli.blogspot.in/search?updated-max=2009-01-29T10:48:00-08:00&max-results=7&start=49&by-date=false )  but in retrospect it was definitely a step in the right direction, even if I only managed 57 followers J

 It has been over a year since my last blog post and Google and Blogger are entirely to blame. The former bought out the latter and I received an email with a set of complicated instructions about how I needed a gmail id for Blogger. Long boring story short, due to reasons beyond my limited comprehension, I can no longer access my original blog though I do have gmail.
Anyways it had served its purpose. I had put up a few reviews of Tamil movies on my blog and was hired by Behindwoods.com as a content writer and columnist for their entertainment and news websites. More importantly, I was writing even though I was as freaked out as before with the result that nearly four years after my first blog post my first book – Arjuna: Saga of a Pandava Warrior Prince is all set to hit the stores on January 20th.
Now that is a happy ending for a hopeless blogger, I suppose. But the nameless, constant dread is back and I have a terrible case of the prerelease jitters. What if nobody wants to read my book? What if only 57 people read it? What if those who read it hate it? What if those who read it and hate it slam my book in reviews that go viral?

Fortunately better sense has kicked in and I have decided to start blogging again before I torture and mentally f**k myself into a loony bin. Besides I needed a forum to shamelessly plug my new book. So unless Google and Blogger decide otherwise, I am back to my hopeless blogging.

14 comments:

The Visitor said...

All good writers are not necessarily good bloggers, so don't you worry.

BTW - Do you know the kind of crazy mail that writers get from readers? click here

Wishing you the very best with Arjuna; just now ordered a copy on Flipkart.

The Visitor said...

If Ramesh (Raja) gives it 5 stars it must be good.

Unknown said...



Looking forward to reading the plethora of articles that you've linked to here on I was super excited when Shampa Kamath of the New Indian Express extended an invitation for me to speak at the Odisha Literary Festival to be held on the 3rd and 4th of October in Bhubhaneshwar
Cosmetic Surgery in Hyderabad

ritu said...

You've out done yourself this time on Colours of My Life. Great job here. <a href="http://carsoft.com.au/spray-booth-services.html/”>Spray Booth for Sale NSW</a>

ritu said...

This is probably the best, most concise step-by guide on Colours of My Life on how to / what to Colours of My Life Quality Custom Spray Booth Sydney

ritu said...


This is a comprehensive and helpful list, about Colours of My Life Hoist Repairs and Maintenance Sydney

ritu said...

I appreciate that you took a simple, how to article by explaining the process step by step and how to Colours of My Life Spray Booth Burner Repair Sydney

ritu said...

I had a quick question. About best Colours of My Life Single Two Post Car Hoist

Unknown said...

Lots of good advice here, on Best colours of My Life hdpe pipes manufacturers in hyderabad

Unknown said...

Great extra tip about Best colours of My Life and thank you for sharing hdpe pipes manufacturers in hyderabad

Unknown said...

This an informative and helpful post - so clear and easy to follow step by step process of ... Best colours of My Life hdpe pipes manufacturers

Unknown said...

All your hard about curating this informative post on Best colours of My Life is much appreciated. hdpe pipes manufacturers in india

Unknown said...

Looking forward to reading the plethora of articles that you've linked to here on Best colours of My Life hdpe pipes

akrutihospital said...

Thank you for sharing such an amazing write-up with us!
Akruti conveys its hearty thanks to all the patients for their positive reviews which made us be ranked as Number 1 Center for plastic surgeon in hyderabad by Times Health Survey. We thank once again for the trust and faith reposed in Akruti.